A content management system is software that helps create, organize, and maintain digital content. Generally, CMSs support multiple users. they supply ample benefits for giant businesses, including significant cost savings, increased collaboration among team technical documentation team members (even the non-technically minded), and total control of the content.
Understanding the various sorts of content management systems may be a key step in choosing the simplest option for your business. Consequently, here are two popular content management system to assist you to organize digital content:
Enterprise Content Management System (ECM)
An enterprise content management system collects, organizes, and delivers an organization’s documentation, ensuring critical information is delivered to the right audience (employees, customers, business stakeholders, etc.)
An ECM gives all members of a corporation quick access to the content they have to finish projects and make important decisions. Also, an ECM deletes files after a particular retention period, ensuring no unnecessary content takes up space.
Benefits of ECM
- Flexible: An ECM allows you to capture any file type from any location, and have it processed and stored automatically.
- Increases Efficiency: Now that documentation is taken care of, you’ll be more productive in your day-to-day.
- Reduced Storage Costs: Also, an ECM saves money by storing only necessary files and deleting the remainder.
Web Content Management System (WCMS)
A web content management lets users manage digital components of an internet site without prior knowledge of markup languages or web programming. A WCMS provides collaboration, authoring, and administration tools to assist manage digital content. Unlike other CMSs, which affect content destined for both the online and print, a WCMS handles exclusively web page.
Benefits of a WCMS
- Personalization: A WCMS allows users to customize a webpage with personalized layout and content.
- Automation: A WCMS saves time and improves workflow management by publishing content automatically.
- Scalable: A scalable system sort of a WCMS allows companies to grow exponentially without fear about surpassing their website limits.